I’m going home for Thanksgiving and I am SO.NOT.HAPPY.ABOUT.IT.
It’s not that I don’t love my family, because I do. But going home means that for the next week I will be adhering to a long list of NO’s and it drives me crazy.
Let me share. Here’s what my Thanksgiving week looks like:
1. NO Drinking of my beloved coffee as I putter around in the morning
2. NO Swearing
3. NO Turning into the Incredible Hulk at the mere mention of Sarah Palin’s name, her TV show or her Presidential future.
4. NO Reading Eliza Snitch or Koda or any of my other exmo fav’s online while I drink coffee
5. NO Vomiting at the plethora of Joseph Smith paintings, framed Proclamation of the Family posters or other “CHURCH” collectibles.
6. NO drinking wine with dinner if the mood strikes
7. NO bedroom fun with my beloved
8. NO Rolling of the eyes, laughing or vomiting during prayers before eating, prayers before sleeping, prayers before traveling or during prayers that whomever just left the room will return safely.
9. NO viewing of any rated R movies that come out at Thanksgiving, or any good ones that have just come out on DVD
10. NO exercising my free agency not to be Mormon anymore.